Our training approach
CIDT favours an experiential approach to training which is consistent with best practice for adult learning. Typically participants:
- are facilitated through a process of experience, reflection, conceptualisation and planning.
- are able to use their own experience as a basis for learning.
- view content through the lens of their existing roles, responsibilities and challenges.
- can immediately begin to put into practice what they have learned.
- take responsibility for their own learning.
How can we help you?
Managing for Development Results (MfDR)
CIDT has produced a set of participant handbooks and trainer guides that we continually adapt and can tailor them to specific sectors and client contexts. Using participatory methods, we take diverse groups of participants through a reflective process, using practical tools at each step.