Teaching & Training
CIDT has a long history of offering training and courses for capacity strengthening to a range of international development sectors and specialisms.
Our training approach
CIDT favours an experiential approach to training which is consistent with best practice for adult learning. Typically participants:
- are facilitated through a process of experience, reflection, conceptualisation and planning.
- are able to use their own experience as a basis for learning.
- construct their own knowledge and meaning from experience.
- view content through the lens of their existing roles, responsibilities and challenges.
- can immediately begin to put into practice what they have learned.
- take responsibility for their own learning.
How can we help you?
- Conducting training needs assessment (TNA) and analysis.
- Designing tailor-made professional development courses and delivering short face-to-face training courses and workshops.
- Developing and hosting online training programmes.
- Organising and facilitating working sessions, high-level meetings and other participatory analysis or planning processes.
- Hosting study visits, technical placements/secondments, on-the-job training, and tailored professional development programmes for clients at our UK Campus.
Managing for Development Results (MfDR)
MfDR courses include both training and facilitated workshops. Facilitated events can achieve a double outcome – building participant skills and producing a workshop output, such as a strategy, funding proposal or participant consensus.
- Logical Framework Approach
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing Terms of Reference
- Performance Management
- Managing Change
- Strategic Planning
- Project Proposal Development
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Theory of Change
- Value for Money
- Project Management
- Lesson Learning
- Knowledge Management
- Results-Based Management Thinking Tools including the Logical Framework Approach
- Results-Based Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (coming soon)
We can create bespoke courses in the following areas.
- Training of Trainers
- Team Working and Team Building
- Personal Effectiveness
- Leadership and Management
- Coaching for Development
- Designing Training Programmes
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation and Influencing Skills
- Participatory Appraisal
- Effective Representation
- Community Consultation and Engagement
- Write Shops to produce training manuals and content