Change is a constant feature of the world and the rate of change is increasing, both generally in the world of work and specifically across the international development sector. This training recognizes that professionals across a wide variety of sectors are responding to a fast-changing environment, and that change can represent both opportunity and danger. By the end of the workshop you will have a good understanding, of the skills, tools and attitudes necessary to manage change successfully and develop your own learning and reflective practice around issues of the management of change. This training can usefully be offered as a focused workshop, taking a team or department through a facilitated process in response to a specific arising change which needs to be managed or planned for.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Recognize the positive aspects of change, as well as appreciate the potential risks
- Select from a variety of strategies appropriate responses to the challenges of change in your own organization/projects
- Utilize tools to help you to analyse the challenges in front of you and to share ownership of the change process.
Our courses utilise a variety of methodologies, such as role play, reflective questionnaire, case studies, reflective journal, participatory analysis tools and much more. We design programmes to include a useful mix of hard and soft skills, combining practical tools and tips with brief ‘theoretical’ inputs where relevant. At CIDT we are great believers in experiential learning. Therefore our courses and workshops are very participatory and active in nature, so be prepared to share your ideas, experiences, problems, challenges and practices with other. We also believe that learning should be fun – so please also bring your sense of humor with you!
- Introduction to the concept of Change and Change Management
- Change as a feature of Organizational Development
- Strategies and competencies to manage change successfully
- Strategies for responding to Change & managing Resistance to Change
- Understanding personal transition in relation to change
- Change forecasting
- Toolkit of participatory and analytical tools to support change management
What our participants say…
“I found the course very helpful and stimulating, particularly putting the theory into practice.”
“Enjoyed it and expect it to be useful.”
“The workshop was delivered at a good pace whilst giving enough time for reflection on what was learnt.”