Leadership and Management
This training aims to support team leaders who have responsibility for getting the best performances from teams and/or colleagues. It offers an opportunity to explore and discuss the meaning of ‘leadership’ and ‘management’ and how management theory translates into practice. Participants will consider different management styles/qualities and reappraise their own skills in the light of their learning and develop their facilitation and coaching skills. By the end of the module participants will be better equipped to manage teams; develop performance and motivate staff and locate this within the management cycle of planning, organizing, communicating, monitoring and evaluating staff performance of staff.
- Delivery method: Face-to-face
- Length: 1-3 days
- Certification: Certification may be available for this course.
By the end of the training participants will be able to:
- Practice and reflect upon management and facilitation skills
- Manage rapport
- Review motivators and to assess their skills in motivating others
- Explore roles and competences of the successful manager.
- Set well-formed outcomes.
- Explore the differences between ‘management’ and ‘leadership’ and the implications of these for participants.
- Consider alternative approaches to management andleadership and reflect upon personal strengths and weaknesses
- Consider the impact of management style on the cultivation of a positive and productive working environment.
Our courses utilise a variety of methodologies, such as role play, reflective questionnaire, case studies, reflective journal, participatory analysis tools and much more. We design programmes to include a useful mix of hard and soft skills, combining practical tools and tips with brief ‘theoretical’ inputs where relevant.
At CIDT we are great believers in experiential learning. Therefore our courses and workshops are very participatory and active in nature, so be prepared to share your ideas, experiences, problems, challenges and practices with other. We also believe that learning should be fun – so please also bring your sense of humor with you!
This workshop covers the following topics:
- Managing performance
- Management styles
- Promoting innovation
- Setting objectives
- Coaching problems
- Assessing progress
- Putting coaches into practice
- Leadership and management
- Understanding personal strengths and areas for development
- Facilitation and facilitation skills
- Mentoring skills
- Continuing professional development
What our participants say…
“Excellent workshop, very interactive, many roleplays and an eye opener to a lot of potential for many colleagues.”
“Very useful for self-reflection and assessment of current work context and issues.”
“The workshop content was extremely relevant, comprehensive and of high quality.”