Technical Assistance & Advisory Services
CIDT has many years of experience providing specialised advice and technical support to a range of stakeholders, including targeted technical assistance, coaching, and mentoring. Many requests for advisory services call upon our proven expertise in programme, strategy and framework development at organizational, national and international levels.
Our work in this Service Area involves development, review or revision of:
- Organisational policies and procedures, strategic plans, and other kinds of strategies (communication strategy, stakeholder engagement strategy, etc.);
- National strategies, plans, and programmes – including educational curricula;
- Value for Money (VfM) models and mechanisms;
- Project/Programme proposals – including review and scoring of grant applications, as the Grant Manager for the donor;
- Theories of Change, results frameworks and logic models (LogFrames);
- Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans and Performance Management Plans (PMPs);
- Knowledge Management (KM) and Management Information Systems (MIS); and
- Staff Appraisal and Accountability Systems, and job descriptions.
CIDT also have an outstanding record of managing and conducting complex evaluations, reviews and assessments, using both quantitative and qualitative data collection mechanisms. We frequently undertake literature reviews and stakeholder consultations and are known internationally for our participatory consultation processes. We have wide experience in designing individually tailored methodology for assessments, reviews and evaluations as well as for encouraging lessons to be articulated and learned.
CIDT can provide advisory services in a number of ways, depending on your needs: 1) virtually by phone, Skype, and email; 2) face-to-face; or 3) through web-based platforms. Our handbooks also offer added value: Coaching for Development; and Preparing Terms of Reference for Development.
More specifically, regarding Monitoring, Evaluation and Lesson Learning (MEL), CIDT has the proven ability to:
- Review, critique and make recommendations for improvements to draft LogFrames and Theories of Change.
- Establish M&E systems, including development of SMART indicators, identification of feasible means of verification (MoV), and creation of data collection analysis and reporting tools.
- Support routine monitoring and reporting, including data processing, data analysis and data use for informed decision making and adjusted programming.
- Conduct desk-based reviews and facilitate participatory consultation processes.
- Undertake partnership or beneficiary assessments and organisational appraisals.
- Design and implement baseline evaluations, mid-term reviews and ex ante evaluations of projects or programmes.
- Manage complex multi-country evaluations for multi-/bi-lateral agencies and inter/intra-governmental bodies in a range of settings, including providing multi-lingual teams of specialised evaluators.
- Facilitate project, programme or organisational experience-sharing and lesson learning.
- Document findings best practices and lessons learnt from monitoring, review and evaluation (MRE) exercises.