Climate Compatible Development
We can provide specific training designed to bring together frontline workers who are implementing national policies, organisational work plans, planned programmes and business models. Promoting shared learning from different sectors and specialisms , the training will encourage innovation and the opportunity for technology transfer and facilitate robust discussion and engagement with complex issues.
- Delivery method: Face-to-face
This course is tailored to the national context of participants. By the end of the programme they will be able to:
- Summarise different climate change threats and business “NOT AS USUAL” priorities .
- Access expert information and assess options for CCD.
- Explore the potential for private sector partnerships in green growth and resilience.
- Appreciate their role within multi-stakeholder processes and explain some of the key tools that they might use within these processes.
- Present approaches for linking the principles of CCD with existing policies, plans and programmes, .
- Understand and demonstrate skills in the use of tools needed to communicate effectively and in influence change in order to improve CCD implementation.
- Draw on experiences from other countries Develop competence in conducting climate risk and vulnerability assessments, evaluating options for mitigation and adaptation and climate proofing development programmes.
- Apply resilience thinking as part of a holistic approach to managing development in the context of climate change. This component will also include identification of baseline and evaluation indicators for resilience building.
- Design a costed and log-framed CCD project proposal (optional).
- Design and test a CCD training programme (optional).
Our courses utilise a variety of methodologies, such as role play, reflective questionnaire, case studies, reflective journal, participatory analysis tools and much more. We design programmes to include a useful mix of hard and soft skills, combining practical tools and tips with brief ‘theoretical’ inputs where relevant. At CIDT we are great believers in experiential learning. Therefore our courses and workshops are very participatory and active in nature, so be prepared to share your ideas, experiences, problems, challenges and practices with other. We also believe that learning should be fun – so please also bring your sense of humor with you!