Strengthened capacity for inclusive and sustainable development
To be the partner of choice for empowering individuals, organisations and institutions to attain their full potential and reach their desired goals.
OUR OVERARCHING STRATEGY
To achieve our mission, we:
- Develop individual competencies to conduct specific tasks;
- Improve individual and organisational capabilities to perform efficiently and effectively; and
- Strengthen the capacity of projects, programmes and policies to foster an enabling environment for inclusive and sustainable development.
Our values underpin all the work we undertake. They are:
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
Our guiding principles express how we embody those values. We:
- Work flexibly and in partnership to optimise performance and meet client and stakeholder needs.
- Promote participatory approaches and both depth and breadth of stakeholder engagement.
- Ensure high quality standards, effective delivery and a results-oriented approach.
- Maintain transparency and accountability in our engagement with clients, partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Promote gender responsiveness and empowerment, and give voice to marginalized and vulnerable groups.
- Value diversity and recognise diverse perspectives and contributions
- Enable our clients to implement interventions that have lasting impact on the society and economy, while protecting the environment for future generations.
“We are extremely proud of the product and with the quality that CIDT has imbued into it.”
UNIDO, Project Thinking Tools Online Course
“CIDT has over the past 30 years developed a reputation as a centre of excellence for development, training, consultancy and research and project management in more than 130 countries across the world. Its primary focus is on capacity building, institutional strengthening and human resource development.”
Perrett Laver Partnership 2008
“The evaluation recommendations are extremely clear, valid and very welcome and the report is extremely well written.”