CIDT teams are training Government officials in two Borrowing Member Countries (BMCs) of the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB); Grenada and Barbados. In each country CIDT are delivering a suite of Project Cycle Management training modules to an audience of cross-Ministry staff engaged in design, implementation or reporting of projects. Training is to be rolled out to a further 17 countries in 2018.
The Caribbean Development Bank is driving a wide transformation agenda to catalyse the change needed if the Region is to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030. To enable more effective management of policy, programmes and projects and contribute to addressing the regional implementation deficit, the Bank is executing a Public Policy Analysis and Management (PPAM) and Project Cycle Management (PCM) Training programme, to which CIDT are contracted as the PCM training consultants.
In November to December 2017 CIDT staff will deliver 21 days of training in Grenada and Barbados, including modules in risk management, monitoring and evaluation, project implementation, managing technical assistance, project appraisal and train the trainer. In Barbados Des Mahony led the training team, working with CIDT regional associates Joy Mapp Jobbity and Susan Branker Green. In Grenada, Patt Flett launched the programme with Claudia Nicholson, Karen Persad, and Nana Hesse-Bayne. Ella Haruna supported training delivery in both countries.
Participant feedback was very positive on the training:
- “It was well executed”
- “The course was great”
- “No improvements needed – it was excellent!”
The key outcomes of the 2015-18 PPAM and PCM Training Programme are improved PPAM and PCM practices at individual/institutional levels, in BMCs and within the Bank; and a more robust CDB pipeline of investment and Technical Assistance projects. In addition to the large training programme in 19 BMCs, CIDT will support other components: support to 5 programme regional workshops, and a number of call-down days to support ‘stuck’ projects or provide additional bespoke training.
Media Coverage of the PPAM and PCM Training Programme in Grenada and Barbados
- Public Officers Receive Training, Now Grenada
- Two countries commence CDB funded training to improve public policy and project management, Caribbean News
- Read more about CIDT’s work to support the CDB PPAM and PCM Training programme
CIDT were initially contracted in 2012 to conduct the Training Needs Assessment that fed into to the Bank’s design of the project. In 2016 CIDT were invited by programme coordinator Mr Reginald Graham to provide Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Assistance for the start-up phase of the Caribbean Development Bank’s new capacity development programme. The assignment included assisting the Bank to establish a country-led M&E system in the six phase one countries including Barbados, Bahamas, Guyana, Saint Lucia, Turks and Caicos, Trinidad and Tobago. Find out more in the following news articles:
- CIDT review online learning in the Caribbean
- M&E technical assistance to Public Policy Analysis and Management and Project Cycle Management training programme
- Read more about CIDT’s training work with CDB’s Caribbean Technological Consultancy Services (CTCS) Network
CIDT have provided Capacity Development Support for a series of workshops on Managing for Development Results (MfDR) for the Caribbean Technological Consultancy Services (CTCS) Network’s Cooperating Institutions for the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB). See the following news articles:
- CIDT staff deliver an intensive Managing for Development Results (MfDR) for the Caribbean Development Bank
- CIDT continue their Managing for Development Results (MfDR) capacity development work with the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB)