Philip Dearden, Head of CIDT, was asked to help lead the National Institute for Metrology Thailand (NIMT) ‘Leaders Programme’ course in Bangkok, Thailand. The course took place from 4-8 December 2017.
The Leadership Programme was designed to provide new or future leaders of National Metrology Institutes (NMIs) with the skills, knowledge and tools to help them fully participate in a range of inter country metrology quality control mechanisms and to develop strategic programmes and projects in their own countries.
As an integral part of the 2017 ‘Leaders Programme’ the 24 participants (from 10 different countries – Bangladesh, Fiji, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, The Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and the United Arab Emirates) firstly successfully completed CIDT’s online Results Based Management course.
An intensive two-day technical metrology programme of study was followed by three intensive days of project and programme planning work led by Philip Dearden. During the workshop sessions six teams of staff developed a range of strategic projects and programmes for future implementation. Ideas were shared, developed, critiqued and then the final proposed programmes presented.
In the feedback on the programme a range of very positive comments were made:
- “The course was really useful – the learning by doing was excellent.”
- “The course was very practical just what we needed.”
- “The intensive team work was really good – I learnt a lot from Phil and from my team.”
- “The step by step course content was great. The handbook was also really useful .”
- “The on line course was very well structured and the workshop really great.”
- “This training was very effective and helped us all understand the key steps in Project development.”
For more information and photos see the NIMT website.
Photos from the training
Below: Interactive workshop sessions underway.
Below: Course participants and tutors all celebrate a sucessful course!